Big families know how hard it is to schedule a visit to a doctor’s clinic, especially if each member of the family has their own doctor. Kids, after all, should visit a pediatrician, right? But if you are looking for a doctor who can take care of the health needs of everyone in the family, including the children, it is best to look for a family doctor Portside has to offer.
What are family doctors?
Family doctors, also known as primary care doctors or general practitioners (GP), are medical doctors who are trained to treat the whole person and not just a single organ. They can see patients from any age group, including infants and older adults. This means everyone in the family can still get the best treatment from the same family doctor Portside clinic.
Services offered by a family doctor
Here are just some of the services provided by GP Portside doctors.
- Health Promotion. Family doctors help promote their patient’s health by providing weight loss and hormone balance management, as well as nutrition guidance.
- Preventative care. Unlike other specialists, you don’t just visit your family doctor when there’s something wrong. Primary care doctors encourage their patients to see them at least once a year for preventative care. They also provide newborn care and immunisations. Check it out at Portside Medical
- Women’s health. Family doctors are also qualified to provide hormone balance management, as well as prenatal and pregnancy care for up to 36 weeks for low-risk pregnancies. Though they do not deliver babies, they can help you find an OB or midwife. And, you don’t have to go a separate family planning Portside clinic because they can also help you with family planning and contraceptive counselling.
- Pre-employment medical assessment. Family doctors can also provide pre-employment medical portside assessment services.
Advantages of seeing a family doctor
Choosing to see a family doctor has a lot of advantages and benefits. Here are just some of them.
- Family doctors provide preventative care, which can help lower hospital admissions and emergency room visits by patients.
- Family doctors treat patients of all ages, from infants to older adults. This means you won’t have to schedule an appointment to different doctors for your entire family.
- Family doctors are familiar with your personal and family medical history, which helps them make more accurate diagnoses.
- Family doctors don’t just do annual checkups. They can also help treat or manage chronic conditions, such as diabetes, asthma, hypertension, and heart disease. They are also qualified to do minor surgical procedures, such as draining an abscess or freezing a wart.
- Family doctors can help you find a suitable specialist for your condition should it become necessary based on your preferences.
Most people go to their family doctors for their annual checkup, but they can treat or manage more conditions than you think. Such conditions can include hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, asthma, and heart disease. However, do make sure that you visit a reputable clinic like Portside Medical Center who has some of the best family doctor Portside has to offer.